This season, we're looking to hire two team members who are hard working, passionate about sustainable agriculture, and looking to grow along with our business. If you're interested, applications are due by email by April 8, 2016.
Organic Farm Production Team Members
Seasonal, Full Time (40 hours/week), Salary Based on Experience
Anticipated Start/End Dates: May 2, 2016 – October 21, 2016
We’re seeking a Production Supervisor and Production Assistant to work with our Farm Manager, Operations Manager, interns and volunteers for the 2016 season. Working closely as part of a small team, our production team will be involved in a variety of tasks needed for daily farm operations. This includes seeding, transplanting, weed control, field maintenance and harvesting, as well as quality control and customer service.
These are primarily field positions intended for folks with sound knowledge of sustainable/organic farming practices. We welcome candidates who are enthusiastic team players, hard workers, dedicated to quality, and passionate about sustainable agriculture. We’re a small but fast-growing organization and we welcome candidates who are interested in growing into managerial roles as the farm grows over the coming seasons.
- Experience: Some previous farming, market gardening and/or urban agriculture experience.
- Flexible and adaptive: Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Can-do attitude: Hard-working, enthusiastic self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Customer service oriented: Dedicated to quality assurance and exceptional customer service, personable and friendly.
- Manage up: Clarifies expectations, keeps managers abreast of activities, seeks guidance from managers when necessary, communicates needs for job performance/evaluation, is open to feedback.
- Great communication: Communicates effectively with the manager, volunteers and customers to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Strong organizational skills: Able to prioritize important tasks, time manage, and problem-solve effectively.
- Customer service experience
- Driver’s license
- Food safety training
- Interested in growing with the business, working with Honest Field Farms for multiple seasons with the potential to become a farm manager
- Location: Working outdoors, occasionally in inclement weather
- Risks: Working with tools, heavy lifting and working around machinery (tractors, etc.)
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy objects on a regular basis
- Doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, etc.
Typically, work hours will be Mondays through Fridays but some weekends and evenings may be required.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume to: honestfieldfarms (at) gmail.com
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.